Friday, April 02, 2010

The Phoenix Files:Contact by Chris Morphew



With only 88 days until the end of the world, our three friends from "Arrival" must get the news out to the rest of the world -- or everybody outside of Phoenix will die.  But the phones are down, the roads are closed and it's miles to anywhere.   Somehow they must find a way -- but when they do, the three friends know they are walking into unbelievable danger that threatens not only themselves, but everyone they care about.

The story was another good fast paced read from an accomplished writer (Author of some of the Zac Power series).  Unfortunately though, I didn't like the change of the point of view character from Luke to Peter.  Mostly because for me Luke was a more empathetic character.  So while I was slightly, very very slightly dissapointed with "Contact" I'm looking forward to the sequel even more because "Contact" felt like it was building up for something big, without really being satisfying in and of itself.  Moreover it's going to be written from Jordan's point of viewm and she is the character I like the best and the one I most want to read about so I'm looking forward to the next book in the series "mutation," is coming out in August 2010 in Australia.  Hopefully it will be here not long after.  I will be on the edge of my seat and there will be 70 days until the end of the world.   
Review by Alicia Ponder

1 comment:

陳水慧 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails