Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Travelling Restaurant by Barbara Else

shhh - this book is magic - don't tell anybody.  Don't even say the word m**ic - or "she" might hear you.  It's the perfect book for nine to twelve year olds to read for themselves, or if you are younger that's great because  mum, dad, grandma or grandpa will love it too. 

Jasper, an obviously extraordinary boy, has to escape to sea in the travelling restaurant where he encounters pirates and all sorts of danger in order to rescue his little sister and in fact everyone from a very nasty lady who wants to be Queen. Seriously I'd tell you more, but I don't want to ruin a moment of fun by spoiling any of the surprises.

"a great romp" Richard Ponder
"an edge-of-your-seat tale of treachery courage and magic" official blurb yes, I know but it's true  
 "One of the most enchanting books I've read for a long time," Kate De Goldi

And me - well, it's the first book where I've seriously wished to go back in time to read it to my young children.  A very special book that will touch the hearts of young and old. 

Review: Alicia Ponder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails